The purpose of the Junior Ambassadors is to advise the AFF Board of Directors in matters that increase awareness of AFF’s mission and recruit volunteers among school-aged youth, raise funds, and develop future leaders.
Junior Ambassadors Make A Difference
- 2019/20 Team has already been selected.
- Applications for the 2020/21 team will be accepted January through March 2020.
My name is Lauren Abler and I am going to be a junior at Kingwood High school the 2019-2020 school year. I am a starting defender on the Kingwood varsity soccer team. I’m also apart of many clubs and organizations such as NHS, HOSA, Beta club and Spanish Honor Society. I also play club soccer for Challenge. This will be my second year with Addis Faith Junior Ambassadors. Last year I was VP of the ambassadors and this year I am VP of Growth and Development.
I am involved in AFF because, although I have not experienced it first hand, I have seen how pediatric cancer can affect families and impact multiple lives. It is heart breaking to see, but I believe AFF is contributing greatly to finding a cure. Although we are not adults, there are still multiple ways us teens can spread awareness and raise money for pediatric cancer.
My name is Sydney Ferris and I’m 17 years old. I got to Kingwood High school and am involved in a few clubs and organizations. I love to travel and I’m my happiest when I’m at the beach :))
I’ve been involved with Addis Faith Foundation from the start because my parents were very close to Amber and Tony whenever Addi was diagnosed. Additionally, My older sister Mandi had a brain tumor when she was 5, so I’ve seen first-hand the effects childhood cancer can have on families. Because of this I’ve wanted to be involved in an organization to help kids and families in need and AFF is the perfect place for doing just that!
-I play volleyball and was captain of the basketball team
-I am entering my junior year at kingwood high school
– I have 2 younger siblings
-my favorite color is blue
– I have never missed a day of school sense kindergarten
– I was president of the Jr ambassadors for the 2018 year
– I am involved with AFF because I really want to see pediatric cancer come to an end. I lost my cousin and my best friend lost his sister to pediatric cancer and it made me realize that we may just be teenagers but there is so much we can do to help get the word out there.